The Department of Public Works assists the Mayor and Town Council in the efficient operations of a wide variety of responsibilities that include:
- Residential solid waste and recycling collection.
- Commercial waste collection.
- Routine maintenance for Town properties, parks, roads and rights-of-way that includes: mowing, snow removal, litter control, road sign installation, stormwater facilities management, and playground maintenance.
- Responding to emergency situations such as removing downed trees, and road closures due to weather, flooding or underground utility issues.
- Assists with traffic control and waste collection during festivals and special events.
For water or sewer issues, please contact the Carroll County Bureau of Utilities at the following numbers
410-386-2164 or 1-888-302-8978 ext. 2164
- During Office Hours Monday - Friday / 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- After Office Hours E.O.C. (Emergency Operations Center)