The Town of Sykesville is excited to present the Millard Cooper Park Splash Pad! The Splash Pad is a free water area for kids of all ages to play and have fun. With numerous water sprayers, a mushroom waterfall, a small slide, and a giant bucket that dumps water, there is something in the Splash Pad for everyone to enjoy! Bathrooms and a shower are nearby the Splash Pad.
The Splash Pad opened in 2022 and has been very popular since then! It is 2,500 square feet and was funded through grant money, money from the sale of the Warfield Complex, and Town funding.
Similar to a community pool, the water in the Splash Pad is tested and treated. The Splash Pad’s water tank is fed by the public water system. Water is pumped through a filter system, passes through UV disinfection, and is chlorinated before making its way to the different features on the Pad. The water is then recirculated into the holding tank and starts the process over again. Town staff monitors the chemical levels of the water several times a day everyday when the amenity is in operation to ensure proper chlorination and PH levels are maintained. These checks are both through a digital reading on our chemical feeders and manually with a standard water testing kit.
Rules of Use
- Do not enter the Splash Pad if you have a communicable disease or open wound or cut
- Do not bring food, drinks, gum or glass into the Splash Pad area
- No street shoes
- No animals are allowed within the Splash Pad
- No roughhousing or violent play
- Do not drink the Splash Pad water
- Swim diapers are required for children under 4 years of age. Diaper changing is not allowed on the Splash Pad area
- No skateboards, scooters, rollerblades, bicycles, or other wheeled toys are allowed on the Splash Pad
- Children under the age of 7 must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times
- Clear the area when conditions for thunder or lightning are possible
- No more than 50 people are allowed on the Splash Pad at any given time
- The Town of Sykesville reserves the right to revoke use of the site privileges for individuals who are rowdy or who do not obey the rules
Hours of Operation:
The Splash Pad is open from Memorial Day weekend to Labor Day. Hours of operation are subject to change.
In the event of inclement weather, the Splash Pad will be closed. Once it is closed for the day, the Splash Pad will not reopen.