Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
Tropical Storm Isaias is approaching the East Cost of the US. Maryland is expected to feel the impact beginning tonight (Monday, August 3) through tomorrow. Sykesville is currently under a flash flood watch. Possible weather conditions include flooding and tropical storm force winds.
Between the hours of 9 am and 5 pm, please call the Town House at 410-795-8959 to report any trees downed on the roadways. After hours, please contact the Sykesville Police Department at 410-795-0757. In the event of an emergency, please call 9-1-1.
Now is the time to check your emergency preparedness kit! Kits should include at least 2 face coverings per person, hand sanitizer and other disinfectants, a first aid kit, non-perishable food and water, and more. Download the Prepare Me Carroll app for a full list, weather warnings, and additional tips.
• Please collect any yard waste that has accumulated near or on the storm drains.
◦ Our Public Works Department has been monitoring and cleaning the drains, but your help will go a long way in preventing backups and allow the water to properly drain.
• Bring in or secure any outdoor furniture or items (including yard waste or debris) to prevent them from being blown around.
• In case of blackouts, use flashlights and other forms of light before using candles. Candles and other sources of open flame can be a fire hazard.
• Turn Around, Don’t Drown! Do not attempt to cross rivers or streams, flooded roads, or high standing water either on foot or in a vehicle.
• For more detailed hurricane prep tips, please visit https://www.ready.gov/hurricanes.
• The Maryland Emergency Management Agency offers information about storm safety, the declared State of Emergency for Maryland, and other important information for this and other storms. Please visit https://mema.maryland.gov/Pages/default.aspx.
• You can also sign up for the Sykesville Police Department’s notification system, Nixle, by texting 21784 to 888777.