What is 2019 novel coronavirus COVID-19?
- The 2019 novel coronavirus is a new virus that causes respiratory illness in people and can spread from person-to-person. The disease has been named COVID-19.
- This new virus is part of a family of viruses that can affect humans and animals. They are called coronaviruses because they are shaped like crowns.
The virus is thought to spread mainly:
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet)
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes
- It may be possible that a person can get COVID-19 by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, but this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads.
IF YOU THINK YOU MAY HAVE COVID-19, CONTACT YOUR MEDICAL PROVIDER.
Town Departments and Services
The Police Department remains open. We ask that residents and visitors call 410-795-0757 for general, non-emergency questions and to request reports. In addition, if you would like us to sign off on your Maryland Safety Equipment Repair Order (SERO), we ask that you call us in advance and we will have an officer meet you outside of the police station. Unused medications can be dropped off in the collection box in the lobby between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm. Masks are to be worn any time someone enters our lobby. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
For emergencies, please call 9-1-1.
Trash and Recycling:
Pickup remains unchanged at this time.
The Town House is open. We ask that you please try to conduct all business via email, telephone, or mail to limit interactions. A drop box is in place outside of the front door of the Town House which can be utilized to deliver any bills, payments, bids, or other documents. Masks are required for entry into the Town House.
Town Council, Committee, and Commission Meetings:
All Town Council, Committee, and Commission Meetings are being conducted via teleconference. Please view the agendas to find login information for the meetings. Meetings are also livestreamed and available for view on our Facebook page.
Old Main Line Visitors’ Center and Post Office:
The Post Office is open. The hours will be slightly reduced at 9AM - 2PM M-F and 9AM-1PM on Saturday. Masks must be worn if you plan on visiting the Post Office.
Town parks and playgrounds are open for you. Please continue practicing proper social distancing, use hand sanitizer, wear facial coverings (if older than 2 years), and avoid congregating in groups larger than 10 people.
Carroll County Health Department: https://cchd.maryland.gov/covid-19/
Schedule a vaccine through the Carroll County Health Department: https://cchd.maryland.gov/registration-links/
COVID-19 vaccines are safe and effective, and now it is easier to get one than ever! Register for one of the CCHD clinics around the county or one of the first clinics at the TownMall in Westminster (in the old Sears, separate from the mall itself).
Maryland Department of Health: https://health.maryland.gov/pages/home.aspx
Governor Larry Hogan: https://governor.maryland.gov/coronavirus/
Small Business Administration: https://www.sba.gov/page/coronavirus-covid-19-small-business-guidance-loan-resources
MD Department of Aging Senior Call Check: https://aging.maryland.gov/Pages/senior-call-check.aspx
Maryland Unites: https://governor.maryland.gov/marylandunites
Maryland COVID Vaccine Information: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/pages/vaccine