Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
DESCRIPTION OF POSITION:
This position will assist and support Sykesville and direct efforts in rural municipal administration and related community/economic development services. Position will interface directly with local elected & appointed officials, community volunteers, non-profit, state and federal agencies. Circuit Rider will perform duties under the supervision of MRDC and Town Manager of Sykesville.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Municipal Administration – prepare draft public notices, municipal ordinances, charter amendments and budgets. Acts as liaison with other municipal staff, county, state, and federal government representatives. Supervises other town employees when authorized
· Loan/Grant Preparation/Administration – prepares applications for federal and state loan/grant programs. Administers approved projects.
· Communication and Information – analyzes specific problems and provide appropriate advice to town staff and to elected officials. Maintain familiarity with federal and state program laws and regulations as well as issues/problems endemic to rural municipal governments. Must be knowledgeable regarding trends and policies in municipal finance, human resources management, general management and public administration
· Other Services – provides ad hoc assistance. Attends meetings regarding town affairs and as requested
· Assist members in need of improved water/wastewater and other municipal services
· Assist communities in operations/management and administrative services
· Facilitate local short/long term planning efforts as required
· Specific technical assistance may include any of the following:- Regulatory compliance- Problem identification- Project administration/Project development/Administrative training - Community surveys- Operator assistance/training- Initiate engineering reviews
· Promote community volunteer activity to support local efforts.
· Interface with local and regional technical assistance and funding entities
· Project Development/Facilitation in cooperation with Rural Infrastructure Team
· Submit reports as required to MRDC and/or funding agencies in a timely and concise manner
· Attend meetings and/or training(s) as required to successfully perform duties
· Four year degree in program development/planning, public administration or related field
· Four years’ experience in rural based development and/or operations of rural municipal government, economic or community development projects
· Proven ability to work with representatives of low income communities as well as federal, state and local governments
· Proven written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to travel within state and regionally as required (personal vehicle with reimbursement)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000 to $40,000/year
Send Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org